We are pleased to announce that Chainlink (LINK) and Dai (DAI) will be listed on Kraken starting September 25.
What is Chainlink (LINK)?
Chainlink connects decentralized peer-to-peer networks and smart contracts to real-world data, events, and payments.
- The Chainlink network uses reputation and validation systems to reward honest behavior among tamper-proof oracles, bridging the gap between on-chain contracts and off-chain data, such as APIs, payments, or real-world events like a package arrival
- LINK, an Ethereum ERC-20 token, incentivizes participating oracles to maintain minimum service level agreement (SLA) standards while reporting accurate data
- Google, Oracle and Gartner are among several known enterprises exploring use cases that leverage Chainlink
- Chainlink was launched in 2017 by San Francisco-based SmartContract (https://www.smartcontract.com)
- Project website: https://chain.link
What is Dai (DAI)?
Dai is a decentralized stablecoin that serves as a hedge against crypto volatility, provides immediate liquidity to crypto holders, and can be used to purchase goods and services.
- Dai relies on an Ethereum-based smart contract issued by MakerDAO and a series of dynamic feedback systems involving Collateralized Debt Positions (CDPs)
- New Dai tokens are created as users enter into CDPs, and they are subsequently burnt when users close out their position and pay a stability fee
- Dai is pegged 1:1 with the US dollar through a price stability mechanism that liquidates CDPs in the event that collateral value declines
- MakerDAO was launched in 2014 and leads the DeFi industry with $337 million in value locked as collateral
- Project website: https://makerdao.com/en/
What time will funding and trading start?
- Funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for LINK and DAI at approximately 13:30 UTC on September 25
- Trading: The first trades will start shortly after funding is enabled, because sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear (see the required confirmation times for deposits here)
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time
To learn more about the listings, check out our blog post.
Thank you for choosing Kraken, the trusted and secure digital asset exchange.
The Kraken Team