Social media has taken over our lives. These platforms are what most of us are doing online these days. Regardless of which social platform you prefer, we’ve gathered some statistics to show just how much we’re using it.
2. 68% of adults in the United States use Facebook. To break it down further:
88% of adults aged 18-29 use Facebook.
79% of adults aged 30-49 use Facebook.
61% of adults aged 50-64 use Facebook.
36% of adults 65 and older use Facebook.
69% of adult American women use Facebook.
67% of adult American men use Facebook.
3. 34% of teenagers in the United States think Facebook is for old people, yet 76% of them use it anyway.
4. 79% of teenagers on Facebook are friends with their parents.
6. 45% of adults in the United States use Facebook as a news source.
7. Facebook users watch 100 million hours of video daily.
8. Over 70 million businesses use Facebook Pages.
9. Facebook Pages receive over 5 billion comments a day.
10. Over 5 million businesses use Facebook Ads.
11. 95.8% of social media marketers say Facebook delivers the best ROI of any social platform.
13. 83 million Facebook accounts are fake.
14. 400 new users sign up for Facebook every minute.
15. 35 million people update their Facebook statuses each day.
16. There is an average of 3.57 degrees of separation between any given two Facebook users.
17. The average Facebook user has 155 friends.
18. Only 28% of those friends are actually considered friends.
19. 39% of Facebook users connect with people they’ve never met.
20. The best times to post on Facebook are between 1pm and 3pm Thursdays and Fridays.
21. 19% of time spent on mobile devices is on Facebook.
22. Facebook has 20,000 employees as of 2017.
23. Over 3 trillion posts have been created on Facebook.
24. The Facebook community used over 300 billion Facebook Reactions since Feb 2016.
26. Instagram will earn an estimated $6.84 billion of global ad revenue in 2018.
27. 38% of adult American women and 26% of adult American men use Instagram.
59% of Instagram users are between the ages of 18-29.
33% of Instagram users are between the ages of 30-49.
28. 63% of teenagers use Instagram daily.
29. 95% of Instagram users also use Facebook.
30. People under 25-years-old spend 32 minutes a day on Instagram. People over 25 spend 24 minutes a day on Instagram.
31. Instagram users post 95 million photos and videos per day.
32. Instagram posts are liked 4.2 billion times per day.
33. Instagram Stories has over 300 million daily users.
34. 33% of the most viewed Instagram Stories are created by brands.
35. 25 million businesses have an Instagram profile.
36. 80% of Instagram users follow at least one business.
37. 33% of Instagram users made a mobile purchase after seeing a post.
38. Using hashtags on Instagram increases post engagement by 12.6%.
39. Instagram has 2.2% follower interaction rate, the highest of all social networks.
40. 70% of Instagram posts are never seen.
41. Beyonce has the most liked Instagram post at 11 million.
42. 2 million businesses advertise on Instagram every month.
43. 70% of Instagram hashtags are branded.
44. The best times to post on Instagram are Monday and Thursday at 2am or 5pm.
45. Instagram posts with a location get 79% more engagement.
47. 21% of American adults use Twitter. To break it down further:
36% of Americans aged 18-29 use Twitter.
22% of Americans aged 30-49 use Twitter.
18% of Americans aged 50-64 use Twitter.
6% of Americans aged 65 and up use Twitter.
21% of adult American men use Twitter, and
21% of adult American women use Twitter.
48. 80% of Twitter users access the platform on mobile devices.
49. An estimated 500 million tweets are posted per day.
50. Twitter users initiate 2 billion search queries per day on the platform.
51. 42% of users access Twitter daily. 24% access Twitter weekly.
52. 74% of Twitter users get news from the platform.
53. 85% of small and medium businesses provide customer service through Twitter.
54. 33% of users retweeted a business tweet.
55. Twitter live-streamed 830 events in 2017.
56. 73% of Twitter users don’t mind video ads.
57. Tweets with videos are retweeted 600% more often than tweets with photos and 300% more often than tweets with GIFs.
58. More than 100 million tweets contained GIFs in 2015.
59. Twitter has 3,900 employees.
60. Twitter stock is worth $24 per share in January 2018.
61. 1.3 billion Twitter accounts have been created.
62. 44% of Twitter accounts have never tweeted.
63. The average Twitter account has 707 followers.
64. 23 million Twitter accounts are just bots.
65. The average Twitter user follows 5 business accounts.
66. LinkedIn has over 530 million users. This includes 40 million college students and recent graduates.
67. 30% of LinkedIn users are in the United States.
68. 1 million people publish130,000 posts each week on LinkedIn.
69. 28% of male internet users are on LinkedIn.
27% of female internet users are on LinkedIn.
70. LinkedIn profiles with professional headshots are viewed 14x more often.
71. 3 million people share content on LinkedIn each week.
72. LinkedIn users have received over 10 billion skill endorsements.
73. The average LinkedIn user has 400 connections.
75. 70% of Pinterest users are women, and 30% are men.
76. 80% of users access Pinterest on mobile devices.
77. 87% of Pinterest users have purchased a product because of a pin.
78. 83% of Pinterest users follow brands over celebrities.
79. 5% of Internet referral traffic comes from Pinterest.
80. 70% of sales from Promoted Pins are new customers.
81. Pinterest processes 2 billion searches each month.
82. 12% of Pinterest searches contain a spelling error.
83. 75% of Pinterest users say it’s the best place to learn new interests.
84. Over 1 million businesses have Pinterest profiles.
85. There are over 100 billion pins on 1 billion boards on Pinterest.
87. 70% of Snapchat users are female.
88. Snapchat is the most popular social media site among teenagers.
89. Over 3.5 billion snaps are sent daily.
90. Snapchat users over the age of 25 open the app 12 times a day for 20 total minutes. Users under 25 open the app 25 times a day for 30 total minutes.
91. 60% of Snapchat users are under 25-years-old.
92. The longest Snapchat streak so far is 629 consecutive days.
93. 60% of Snapchat users contribute content daily.
94. 11% of drivers are using Snapchat while operating a vehicle.
95. 48% of Snapchat users are there to create their own stories. 35% use it because content disappears. 30% use it because their parents don’t.
96. Over 1 million Snapchat Stories have been shared publicly.
97. 25% of users update their Snapchat Stories every day.
98. Snapchat has over 1,800 employees.
99. Snapchat earns approximately $1.17 per user each year.
100. Snapchat sold over 150,000 Spectacles.