If you’re looking for current Internet statistics, you found them. We scoured the Internet for the most relevant and updated statistics to use for your digital marketing efforts in 2018.
These are here for all those freelance ghostwriters stuck sourcing images, charts, and stats for all the SEO consultants they work for to look smart.
I’ve worked in your trenches and am fully aware of the ridiculously high word counts you’re constantly being pushed to write. It’s annoying, but it pays the bills and keeps the lights on.
Hang in there – one day you’ll have built a large enough network that you’ll no longer need to take these thankless jobs. And if you want to quit, take the leap. You don’t need to help someone else get rich off your blood, sweat, and tears. After all…
1. The Internet is huge. There are over 1.3 billion websites on the Internet. (Source)
2. America’s Internet is only a small part. North America only accounts for 8.2% of Internet traffic. (Source)
3. The front page matters. 75% of web users never scroll past the first page of search results (Source)
4. Mobile outpaces desktop. 71% of Internet usage is on mobile devices. 29% of Internet usage is on desktop computers. (Source)
5. SEO matters. Internet users perform 6.59 billion searches each day (Source)
6. But voice search is changing SEO. 46% of U.S. adults use voice assistants, either on mobile phones or standalone devices. (Source)
7. Google is still king. Google is the most used search engine, accounting for over 74% of online searches. (Source)
8. We are social. 74% of Internet users are on social media (Source)
9. Facebook dominates social. With over 2 billion users, the closest competition (Instagram) is also owned by Facebook. (Source)
10. Everybody blogs. There are 84.9 million new blogs posted every day on WordPress alone. (Source)
11. Online video is popular. 71,937 YouTube videos are watched every second. (Source)